To view the summary of windows updates for a group of computers, click on the “Windows Updates” tab, and select “Update Summary”
On this screen, you will find a summary of all updates for the selected group of computers. You can select which group is displayed by clicking on the “Change” button at the top of the screen.
This screen has the following columns:
· Name – the name of the update
· Importance – the importance of the update, which can be “Mandatory”, “Important”, or “Optional”.
· Product – the product name that the update applies to
· Classification – the category that the update is assigned to. Values include:
o Critical Updates – updates that Microsoft deems critical
o Definition Updates – definition updates for software which needs a definition file, like antivirus software
o Drivers – driver packages for hardware devices
o Feature Packs – software which adds a feature to the operating system or product
o Security Updates – updates which fix security issues
o Service Packs – updates which include many updates together
o Tools – individual tools
o Update Rollups – updates which include many updates, but not as many as a service pack
o Updates – other types of updates
· Security Impact – for “Security Updates”, the severity of the security issue that the update fixes. Values include “Critical”, “Important”, “Moderate”, and “Low”.
· Published – the date the update was first published by Microsoft
· Available On – the number of computers in the selected group that the update is available on. You can click on a value to view the specific computers.
· Installed On – the number of computers in the selected group that the update is installed on. You can click on a value to view the specific computers.
· Failed On – the number of computers in the selected group that the update failed to install on. You can click on a value to view the specific computers.
You can also filter the list of updates by selecting a value from the appropriate drop down list at the top of the screen.
The following filters are available:
· Update State – the state can be filtered using of the following values:
o All – don’t filter by update state
o Available – updates that are available
o Installed – updates that are installed
o Install Failed – updates that failed to install
o Install Aborted – updates whose installation was aborted by the user or other process
o Uninstalled – updates that have been uninstalled
o Uninstall Failed – updates that have failed to uninstall, and are still installed
o Uninstall Aborted – updates whose installation was aborted by the user or other process
· Importance – see column above
· Product – see column above
· Classification – see column above