On this screen, you can enter or edit the details of a particular event (a.k.a. “Event Source”).
This screen has the following rows:
· Event Name – the name of the event source
· Description – a short description of the event source
· Notes – any notes you wish to keep about the event source
· State – whether or not the event source is enabled or disabled. If it is disabled, it will not generate any events
· Severity – the relative importance of the events that the event source generates
· Categories – one or more categories for the event
Minimum Interval – enter the minimal amount of time that must
elapse before the same exact event can be issued. For example, if disk space
is low on a particular computer, and remains low for a while, this is the
interval that must elapse before the event can be issued again. So, you could
enter “7” days to only be reminded of this once a week. For this type of
event, you wouldn’t want to be reminded of it every 2 minutes, for example.
Keep in mind that if the event generated is different (for example, on a different computer, or it has different details), this Minimum Interval is not used, it is only used to prevent repeating the exact same event.
· Event Type – Select the type of event
· Event Parameters – Depending on the type of event selected above, enter any parameters required by the event type. Mouse over the labels to get a detailed description of each parameter.
To save your changes to the event source, click “Save” after entering the details above. Or, to discard your changes, press “Cancel”.